Frequently Asked Questions
The most common questions our clients ask us.
No, absolutely not! Our solution is made of the highest quality, natural ingredients. All of our technicians have also been trained and certified!
- Shower. Avoid any moisturizing/lotion-y body washes (Dove, Nivea, Oil of Olay, Etc) and body oils.
- Scrub! Scrub! Scrub! Exfoliation is very important!
- Shave if you'd like. Just make sure you avoid shaving creams. Hair conditioner is a great substitute
- Do not apply body oils, moisturizer or deodorants to skin after your shower. This can create a barrier on your skin prior to tanning.
- NO JEANS/LEGGINGS/TIGHT YOGA STYLE PANTS - Loose, dark clothing right after if possible
Clean, Exfoliated, Product-Free skin is BEST!
- Avoid any activity that would cause sweating; exercise, cleaning, or showering, as your spray tan is developing during these hours. Contact with water or sweat could result in lines or uneven tanning.
- After development time, shower normally. You will see some color wash away from your skin. This is completely normal. It is the cosmetic bronzer.
- Wash with a mild, moisturizing, sulfate-free shower gel. No lotion based body washes (Dove, Oil of Olay)
- If shaving, use a new razor and no shaving creams please. (conditioner is better)
- After shower, pat dry...avoid rubbing the fresh tan.
- Apply a mineral oil free/petroleum free moisturizer at least twice a day to maintain tan.
- The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin.
- Band Aids, Pore Strips, Waxing...or anything else that rips the skin
- Anti Aging or Anti Acne products. These turn your skin over faster therefore fading your tan quicker.
- Bar Soaps (especially drug store brands)...unless naturally oil-based (like shea butter, goats milk, olive oil, and cocoa butter soaps)
- Lotiony body washes like Dove, OIl of Olay and Nivea, among others
- Hair Removal Creams and Shaving with a dull razor
- Baby oil/Mineral oil/Petro-based products
- SPF Oils and Sprays that contain MINERAL OIL! Most have this...so stick with SPF LOTION.
- Manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials
Southern Glow on the Go's body care collection is highly recommended for the best tanning results!
Ask us about our products before or during your tanning session
The entire process takes about 15 minutes, from start to finish.
The typical spray tan will last 7-10 days with proper care and upkeep. It is important to follow the steps listed under our FAQ's for best results.